Once a pregnancy reaches the 20-week mark, it can become difficult to get a good night of rest consistently.
Lower back pain, leg cramps, and stiffness in the neck, shoulders, and hips is widespread.
Here’s the problem: many of the best pregnancy pillows that can solve these problems aren’t available at a local retailer.
That’s why having access to the best pregnancy pillow reviews is so important.
You really can use them to find a product that will help you to rest better each night.
The Best Pregnancy Pillows in 2021
Sometimes a maternity pillow is the best solution.
A body pillow can also provide a lot of support.
If you’re waking up with pain due to your pregnancy, then use the chart below to begin your journey toward a better night of sleep right now.
|Blowout Bedding U Shaped Premium Contoured Pregnancy/Maternity Body Pillow||4.5||$$$|
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||4.4||$$$|
|Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic Pillow||4.4||$$$$|
|Blowout Bedding J Shaped Contoured Pregnancy/Maternity Body Pillow||4.2||$$$|
|KHOMO Extra Light Full Body Maternity Pillow||4.1||$$$|
|Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow||4.1||$$$$|
|Naomi Home Cozy Hugger Body Pillow||4.2||$$|
|Petite Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow||4.4||$$$|
|Jolly Jumper Pregnancy Pillow Wedge||4.1||$|
|Boppy Slipcovered Body Pillow||4.2||$$$|
What Are the Advantages of Owning a Pregnancy Pillow?
As pregnancy progresses, it becomes progressively more difficult to crawl into bed and find a comfortable position.
If you can convince your sleeping partner to provide those supports, then you’ve got a good thing going on… but not every sleeping partner can actually be a back sleeper.
There might be times when you’ll want to sleep on your own as well. That’s why a pregnancy pillow can be so beneficial.
Some might say that a maternity pillow and a body pillow are essentially the same things. Still, there is one key difference: maternity pillows provide key supports to pressure points created because of the pregnancy.
Body pillows provide generalized support. You can save money at times with the purchase of a high-quality body pillow, but the best pregnancy pillow reviews prove that this product is your best solution when you have specific pain that must be addressed.
The goal is for you to feel supported as you rest. It ultimately doesn’t matter what pillow provides that support.
As long as the pillow is durable and easy to maintain, you’ll find that a successful sleeping experience can still be achieved regularly.
Read Next – Best Pillow Top Mattress Reviews
How To Find the Best Pregnancy Pillow Right Now
If you’re tired of waking up with pain throughout the night, then the best pregnancy pillow reviews are going to help you find a product that can stop this vicious cycle.
To find the best pillow, it is necessary to evaluate what your needs happen to be.
This will allow you to select a pillow with the features you must have to find supportive rest. Here is what you must consider.
- Where is your pain? Pain in the neck and shoulders requires different supports compared to the pain in the lower back. Locate your pain centers and then search for a pillow that will give you a more neutral sleeping position.
- How much support do you prefer? If you like sleeping with something soft, like a teddy bear, then down or polyester fill pillows will usually be the best choice. If you feel a little cold at night or want a firm pillow for support, memory foam or latex will typically be a better option.
- Do you want a pillow that you’ll use beyond your pregnancy? Week after week, your pregnancy pillow is going to become a closer friend. After the pregnancy, what are your plans for the pillow? If you want ongoing value, consider your planned sleeping arrangement with your newborn as you shop for a pregnancy pillow. Certain pillows may increase the risks of an adverse event if co-sleeping is being considered.
- Where are you carrying your weight? Women will carry their weight differently in each pregnancy. This means there isn’t one generic pregnancy pillow that is going to be right for everyone. Some pillows might have the right features but be too big to meet your needs. Others might be too small. That’s why it may be necessary to review all of the available options.
Over the term of your pregnancy, sleeping becomes increasingly uncomfortable and difficult. A full-body pillow will literally feel like a gift that was sent from heaven above.
Use the reviews here, and you’ll be able to select the right pillow to meet your needs.
TOP 5 Maternity Pillows Review
What Are the Types of Pregnancy Pillows?
Several different styles are available today when shopping for a new pregnancy pillow.
Each has its own unique advantages and disadvantages that need to be considered.
- Full-body pillows. These are like having an additional sleeping companion. They provide a maximum level of support but are difficult to take along when traveling.
- Wedge pillows. These pillows can be placed at specific locations where counter-pressure needs to happen. They are highly portable, but they may shift and move more than other pillows depending on the design.
- C-shaped pillows. These full-body pillows are designed to meet all of your sleeping needs. You’ll receive hip, neck, and tummy support. You’ve got to be a side sleeper to make full use of this pillow, however, and it limits movement in case you need to get up for some reason.
There is no right or wrong answer here – you need to find the pillow designed with the features you need. Find that item through our reviews of the best pregnancy pillows, and you’ll be able to rest well.
What Are the Prices For Pregnancy Pillows Today?
Maternity pillows tend to come with a superior price tag. It is common to have products priced in the $100 range.
That’s why many will look for body pillows first as a way to save money. Wedge pregnancy pillows are more affordable and allow for customized supports, so the $30-$50 you might spend on a standard body pillow might not have the same value as wedge pillows at this same price point.
Read Next – Best Pillow For Side Sleepers
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
Web Linens Pregnancy Pillow
There is less tossing and turning with this pillow, but there really isn’t much-needed support unless you’re smaller in stature because of the design.
Remove the cover to provide ongoing maintenance and cleaning for the pillow and then continue to use it long after it functions as a pregnancy pillow with its half-body shape. For multi-purpose use, this pillow is a good selection.
Leachco Pregnancy Pillow
The polyester fill makes substantial support, letting you get that help you need throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. The curved shape allows most women to adjust the pillow to fit their needs while providing a slight incline to the sleeping experience to prevent common acid reflux issues.
Zip-off the cover to wash it. Use it once, and you will immediately notice less strain, which means extra comfort every night.
Khomo Pregnancy Pillow
This maternity pillow offers a full U-shaped sleeping experience. It’s light enough that you won’t feel bothered in lugging it around, yet it is supportive enough to give you a customized level of support.
It’s beneficial for the neck and knees, but you can also adjust one of the lengths of the pillow to provide specific supports when needed.
Just slide out of the tempting cuddle position when you need to get up, and you’ll feel rested and ready to start a new day.
Today’s Mom Pregnancy Pillow
It offers the full-body U-shape, but the lengths that support your body are 3x larger than pillows of a similar design. This gives you full support underneath the tummy while still getting hip, knee, and neck support simultaneously.
Once you start using this pillow, you won’t believe how much sleep you can get in a single night. Be careful not to use the pillow too early as this can cause it to stay permanently flat and become less than helpful.
Jolly Jumper Pregnancy Pillow
It is very effective at putting pressure on the points that cause lower back pain.
You’ll need your own supportive pillow for the head and neck, but otherwise, you’re going to love this simple wedge pillow. It’s a little firm, which might put some mothers off, but otherwise, we think you’ll love it.
If you’re on a tight budget, then this could be the lifesaver you’ve been needing.
The best pregnancy pillow reviews will help you locate a tool you can use to get a good night of rest.
Stop putting up with the pain and start your journey toward better rest with a pregnancy pillow today. You will be so glad that you did.
Read Next – Best Body Pillow Reviews
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillows ,U Shaped Full Body Maternity Pillow for Pregnant Women with Removable Cover,Gray
$42.95 in stock
AngQi Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover, U Shaped Full Body Pillow for Pregnant Women and Sleeping, Gray
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, C-Shape Full Body Pillow and Maternity Support ( Grey Jersey Cover)- Support for Back, Hips, Legs, Belly for Pregnant Women
Leachco Back 'N Belly Bliss Pregnancy/Maternity Body Pillow with 100% Sateen Cotton, 300 Thread Count Zippered Cover in Soothing White
Golden Linens U Shape Full Body Pregnancy Pillow - Maternity Pillow - Support Back/ Neck/ Head with Washable Bamboo Removable Cover with Zipper - with Cool-Flow Breathable Cooling
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, Grey U-Shape Full Body Pillow and Maternity Support - Support for Back, Hips, Legs, Belly for Pregnant Women
2 used from $42.00